Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Torn between two passions

Credits: http://maiconsoares.blogspot.com
Emirates flight stewards 

Hey.. This might be sort of random but I really need something/someone where I can express what I truly feel right now. Well, before going home from school a while ago.. I accidentally saw my algeb blockmate before, her name is Jau. :)  She studies from my school too, but in a different course. So, I saw her and talked about random stuff while on our way home. We talked about different courses in our school until we talked about shifting from another course. And then.. I thought about myself. You guys have no idea how I want to shift to a course that I truly like. Well, I love my course right now but I'm just not sure if my passion or my natural skills can be exercised in this course. I am currently taking up BS-Hotel and Restaurant Institution Management major in Travel and Tourism Track. I chose this course because my goal in life is to be able to travel around the world, explore and just see the beauty of Earth. While taking up this course.. Unfortunately, I didn't see much about myself being in to this thing. I don't think I am that interested to finish this course. After thinking for a while.. I've thought that I wasted a lot of time and money. Well, most importantly, time. Truth is, I don't regret much about it. 'Cause I met a lot of beautiful people and had a lot of experiences, too. Except the fact that I don't think this is the right course for me. In the other hand, I'm confused if I should still pursue this course to be able to fulfill my dream. If ever I do, I see myself as a flight steward in an international airlines. But, I don't feel like I fit in there. Because, I honestly don't have the potential. Just like, the height requirement. My height is quite poor, compare to the other girls who are skinny and tall. Well, thinking in advance makes me really loose hope in the field of tourism.
Credits to: gimmegoodpicture.wordpress.com


Question is.. What course do I want to shift in? Well, I just wanna share you guys that I decided to post a status in my facebook account just now..  to make a survey of "In what field do my friends see my friends the most?"
between, tourism and fashion design. And most of my friends who know me so well answered that, they see me more in the industry of fashion. But of course, I truly know that the decision will still depend on me.  And will always depend on my passion. But still.. It's hard for me to leave my course right now. Because, I'm afraid to leave my friends behind and yeah, leaving my boyfriend behind. To change path is one of the difficult decisions I will ever make in my life. Thinking of it now actually gives a little pain in my heart. :( But for my future, for my career. I have to sacrifice things.

I also wanna share the big difference of my course to the course that I wanna take up.

In the SHRIM department, we attend classes in a hotel school. That only means that we are required to wear a specific uniform and that is plain white long sleeves, black suit, pencil skirt, stockings and minimum of 2-inch black pumps. (Meanwhile, I use 4-inch heels) 
While in SDA, School of Design & Arts..
I can wear civilian everyday. I can have my hair colored. Put nail polish on my nails. More of expressing myself, right? ;) the more I like it!

Well, I still want to talk to someone expert when it comes to this things. You know.. someone who can give me an advice that won't confuse me anymore. Though, I'm thinking of finishing this course and to take up fashion design after. But yeah, don't you think it's wasting too much time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

#linkwithin_logolink_0 {display:none;} Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...